Since I have blonde at the bottom of my hair I decided to play with hair chalk and put some blue in my hair! It is so much fun having color in my hair but I could never imagine having a bright color like blue for an every day hair color. It limits you on what color makeup you can wear and it makes everything you wear look more edgy. It also looks funny to wear certin colors. Also I don't have the thick hair that does well with lots of dye.
I got a lot of compliments but I also got a few comments on how similar it looks to Kylie Jenner. I actually picked blue because of Nicole Richie- she is one of my style icons! I love everything Nicole Richie wears and her style from head to toe is always on point. Also I'm kind of obsessed with the character of Ramona Flowers in the movie "scott pilgrim vs the world" Another girl to also go blue is Demi Lovato. Do you like the blue hue?
I have always been a huge LIGHTS fan, to see her wearing the "Inhale Exhale" crop top from my new collection was such an awesome moment. Only 9 more days.
If you want to shop this look visit: www.jazminwhitley.com
Yesterday Celebrity hair and makeup artist Diana Lomelin cut my hair! It wasn't just a typical trim - we cut 9 or 10 inches!!! It feels amazing. My entire life I've always had long hair, really long hair... this was a much needed change. we also did an ombre at the ends, it's a PERRFECT summer look (:
Hi guys! (:
It has been so long since I wrote out an actual blog! I just wanted to give yall a little update with what I have been working on (besides taking selfes and obsessing over messy side braids)
1. I am the fashion editor at Nationalist magazine so I keep busy styling all the fashion and pop culture content. My favorite thing about styling for the magazine is getting to pull amazing designs for the cover shoot every month!! It is amazing to have a vision and seeing it come to reality once the images are published. I love meeting new people and collaborating with so many creative an talented people. To view more visit Nationalistmag.com
2. Styling- I do a lot of red carpet styling for actors and recording artists, I love that I can put a look together from head to toe and make people feel confidant and gorgeous. I think award shows are really fun because I get to pull really dressy over the top looks but I also love styling for casual events because everyone can relate and be inspired. For all my styling work follow me on twitter and instagram! @JAZMINWHITLEY
3. I have been trying to stay on top of making Vlogs!! I really like connecting with everyone via youtube aqnd making fashion videos that show what I am working on and giving fashion tips. I loved the collab I did with fellow buzzmaker Brandi Cyrus for one of her Seriosuly Cyrus episodes. If you want to check out some of the vids subscribe here: youtube.com/licaribyjazmin
4. I am still designing and loving it more than ever!! My new collection called DRUNK ON FASHION is really comfortable and easy to wear. It is made up of tank tops, hoodies, tshirts and crop tops. It is very much my personal style; all black and white with a rock & roll vibe. It is very simplistic and can be styled in so many ways. to shop my collection visit jazminwhitley.com I am giving you guys a special 10% OF with the promo code BUZZNET
I am excited to share this fun cover story I styled with you (: The March cover of Nationalist featuring actress Madison Pettis was such a fun and fresh shoot!! She was a doll, very down to earth and so adorable. She is 15 years old now- we all know her from "Game Plan" and the hit Disney show "Cory in the House" I wanted to capture her youthful vibe but still edge it up a bit since she is a teenager now!
What was your favorite look?
If you are going on a fancy date, hanging out with friends or spending Valentines day alone this year; I know both MUSIC and FASHION will be part of your day! Here are a couple things to make February 14th a little more special (:
As most of you know by now, I launched my 'Drunk on Fashion' Collection back in October. It is a very rock&roll inspired collection- as a special treat I am giving you guys 30% OFF all styles! Just make sure to enter the promo code: LOVE
I have tops for girls,guys,and two unisex styles for those of you who want to match with your bf or best friend!
I had my talented friend Dylan Kelly model some of the styles!! He is releasing his first EP on Valentines day! So make sure you check it out. Here is a taste of the EP "I think I like you" is such a great song to send to someone you like (;
Willow Smith is finally finding her style. Well, starting to at least...She is only 13 years old but is always chaning up her hair and wearing bold fashion statements at Hollywood events. I recently came across these photos from an event she attended last month and I think she looks fabulous. I love her full look from the big natural hair, to the edgy-casual-cool outfit.
Do you think Willow will be the next big trend setter?
I styled, my girl, actress Kiersey Clemons for the "That Awkward Moment" Premiere and she was named best dressed by Glamour Magazine!! I love this fresh take on a cocktail dress, it feels young and fun without being so basic. What do you think of this baby pink outfit?
For more fashion fun follow me on twitter & Instagram: @Jazminwhitley
On Saturday night stars gathered at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills for the Pre-Grammy Gala. Here were a few random moments that stood out.
1) This awkward moment when Kelly walked down the red carpet and her parents decide to stop and kiss for photos. [I love that her hair is stull lavender.]
2) Taylor Swift is still dancing very dorkishly at award shows and award show pre parties. She is always facing the camera, everyone else is watching the performance
3) Rihanna looks a little trashy - this is a huge surprise to me because if you flash back to Grammys 2012 and 2013 she was hands down best dressed and looked so classy.
What was your favorite Grammy moment?
The other day I went thrifting by my house and I came across these adorable Vivienne Westwood peep toe jelly flats. I loved the color and they were just my size, the only thing wrong with them was the decorative part that usually sits on the top of the shoe was missing. The glue residue was exposed and I needed a way to cover it up. A fun and easy fix was to stud them! I had some gold pyramid studs on hand, it only took me about 15 min for the entire project!
You can stud any pair of flats or shoes that need an extra something. Here are the Items you need and the simple steps!
1) The shoe you want to embellish
22) Studs of any size/color (you can find them on eBay)
3) Fabric Glue or (available at any arts&crafts store)
I took some time to figure out how I wanted to lay the studs/what design I wanted to create.
Next you apply the glue to each stud and place them down on the shoe. Let try for 24hrs before wearing them
They turned out so cute! I am thinking to use them in an upcoming photo shoot I will be styling (: Let me know what you guys think and if you are planning any DIY projects.